£69.99 per person
Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
This is a qualification that indicates an individual can undertake a specific role in the workplace and that may be relied upon by employers.
The QNUK Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) qualification meets the minimum requirement for workplace first aiders.
The qualification is assessed via practical demonstration and multi-choice assessment paper.
All successful students will be issued with an QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid Response certificate, which is valid for a period of 3 years.
This qualification covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding.
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury. .
This qualification comprises of one mandatory unit. The learning outcomes and assessment criteria are outlined in this document.
This qualification is a one-day course.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple choice question paper, practical observation and verbal questioning.
This qualification is assessed by a 15 question multiple-choice question paper.
Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15.
The duration of the assessment is 30 minutes.
Successful candidates must competently complete the practical elements and demonstrate good knowledge in the verbal questioning assessments.
Assessors will use the practical assessment record to record the outcome of practical assessments and verbal questions.
Finally assessors will clearly record the overall outcome of the assessment on the cohort register.
Assessment records should be retained by the centre of verification purposes.
It is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 literacy or equivalent.
This qualification is for those over 16 years of age. Those under 16 can complete the qualification but employers should not appoint them as workplace first aiders.
All learners must be able to perform practical elements such as CPR on the ground.
There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
Learners successfully achieving this qualification may wish to progress to:
- Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of an AED and CPR (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
Up & Coming Training Dates for this Qualification