£149.99 per person
Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
The QNUK Level 3 Award in First aid at work provides learners with the knowledge, skills and understanding to enable them to undertake the role of a First Aider in the Workplace.
The qualification enables learners to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety (first aid) regulations and act as a First aider in the workplace.
Successful learners will receive a certificate that outlines that the qualification meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First aid) Regulations.
This qualification covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding.
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey.
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries.
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries.
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with burns and scalds.
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with an eye injury.
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning.
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
- Be able to provide First Aid to a casualty with suspected major illness.
This qualification comprises of two mandatory units. The learning outcomes and assessment criteria are outlined in this document.
This qualification should be delivered in a minimum of 18 hours over 3 days.
Where the qualification is being delivered as a requalification; the qualification should be delivered in a minimum of 12 hours over 2 days.
Learners will be assessed using multiple choice questions and practical demonstration.
Simulation will be used for assessments.
Assessment materials will be downloaded by Exams officers..
Successful learners must achieve a score of at least:
- Unit 1 = 10 out of 15 multi-choice questions
- Unit 2 = 20 out of 30 multi-choice questions
The duration of the assessments are:
- Unit 1 = 30 minutes
- Unit 2 = 60 minutes
- Practical Assessments = Up to 20 minutes
Successful candidates must competently complete the practical elements and demonstrate good knowledge in the verbal questioning assessments.
Assessors will use the practical assessment record to record the outcome of practical assessments and verbal questions.
Finally assessors will clearly record the overall outcome of the assessment on the cohort register.
Assessment records will be retained by the centre of verification purposes.
There are no knowledge pre-requisites for the QNUK Level 3 award in First aid at work. QNUK does recommend however, that learners have a minimum of Level 1 literacy or equivalent.
Learners should be a minimum of 16 years old on commencing the programme.
Learners must be physically capable of undertaking the practical elements of the assessment.
Learners that have an existing unit of Emergency First aid at work can simply add unit “Managing illness and injury in the workplace, as long as the EFAW unit was completed within 10 weeks of commencing the second unit.
There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
Learners successfully achieving this qualification may wish to progress to:
- Level 2 First Person on Scene (Intermediate) – Please ask for details.
- Level 3 Award in First Responder Emergency Care (QCF) – Please ask for details.
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
Up & Coming Training Dates for this Qualification